Thursday, 10 July 2008

Weybrigde: A bridge to a New Life?

I have moved to Weybridge on the 10th July, a day earlier than planned. This is because there was the Elton John concert on the 11th July and to avoid the traffic jam, my friends have decided to help me to move on Thursday. W&C were so kind to drive my luggage and myself to Weybridge at the late night on the 10th. I'd arrived at almost 12 midnight and by the time I'd unpacked it was pretty late. Nonetheless, as I woke up the next morning, boy did I really appreciate the short distance to the train station where I used to catch the free shuttle bus to the company at The Heights.The first impression that I had for Weybridge when I attended the first interview with S was that it is calm, peaceful and green. I also saw employees who had cycled to work up the hill to their respective companies.At that time, I was even thinking of cycling to work if I get this job.The second time I went back to S for the second interview, accessment and presentation, I knew back then that I have grown accustomed to Weybridge.There was somehow a weird pulling sense of belonging here.Hard to explain but I guess it's because I have always like nature-the calmness and the friendliness of the country men have always impressed me. I felt rather peaceful, quiet and calm. Never have I ever thought that Weybridge is actually a posh area , where many rich people lives here. Hence, properties' prices here soar high. I've just got to know today from a colleague who lives here that apparently there are many wealthy rich men , particularly from the Scandinavian and the Chelsea football players who live here or nearby. No wonder I remember seeing a group of kids learning horse riding while I was "riding" the bus.Even my housemate, who is half French and half British with an origin from India, owns a horse! Apparently, London city itself doesn't have much appeal to these countryside lovers. This area may be posh, to me it's kinda like a small town. Nonetheless, I like it sofar though I am yet to walk around and discover more of the area. There is also a canal which could be really romantic strolling and taking picture.Hmm, I guess probably I would venture myself into the country activities, in addition to the weekend city trips since Central London is only 35mins away by train. Hey, come to think of it-it is indeed a great opportunity to be able to explore both side of UK-the city and the countryside. Visiting is one thing, living is another. I am looking forward to explore Weybridge, perhaps a bridge to a new chapter of my life-both professionally and personally.

No comments: