Saturday, 26 July 2008

Horse Riding near Cobham

I tagged along F and T for a horse riding trip, near Cobham. It was an interesting event especially for me as I observe how beautiful a horse could be and the details of different type of horses, brushes for cleaning the horses and different skills in moulding a horse character.In short-it's kinda like caring for someone which really requires lots of passion, patience, effort, time and energy-like baby.

Misha (a Polish name for Michael), was the name of the horse.Elegant, young, with a very strong character. Apparently, the horse is bred for competition and F is trying hard to train it to be a good, tough one. I must say that Misha is really unique,cranky a bit at the first impression but nonetheless beautiful with its elegant color. It was also interesting to learn that the skills needed from horse to compete-not racing, mind you but two of the areas which I could remember are 'posing'(like a model) and jumping. This horse was already trained in Poland for competition and it is only 4-5 years old (the life span of a horse is 25 years old). It must be really worth all the effort having to bring it to UK from Poland, thanks to T. Apparently it took them about 8 months for negotiation and paper work finalization before Misha arrived to Weybridge which was 2 weeks before me:)

After a slight warm up in the training area, we took the horse for a walk through the forest. I've got the chance to stroll through the forest, yet another green and posh area of Surrey and found some really nice houses around. Apparently according to T, some of the houses belong to the famous celebrities. So, rich people stay here as well. No wonder horse riding is a common sport here, despite that it is an expensive sport.Also, shooting and golf are another two common favourites.

We wanted to go to the church in the evening but it was too late. Hence, we took the horse back for shower and drove home. We chatted for a while and look through the pictures as F scrutinize the postures and the progress of the training. Honestly, I do admire F's passion for horses and her determination to go for what she really loves doing. As for T, I do admire his determination to pursue his love. Overall this horse riding trip was not only enjoyable but it was an eye-opener experience for me.

No comments: