Monday, 21 July 2008

A weekend away with friends

On Saturday, LM came over to Weybridge and pay me a visit. I picked her up from the train station which is about 5-10mins walk from where I currently live. We then went around shopping at the High Street of Weybridge. Well, it was really nothing as compared to the shopping streets in Central London, which I'd certainly warned her. Nonetheless, we did enjoy the calm and peaceful atmosphere that Weybridge offers,where one might not find in the buzz of the metropolitan city. We then went to Tesco express which was quite a distance away (and go lost:P), but nonetheless we bought lots of food to cook, and probably could last me for a week or two. She spend a night at my place and we watched a DVD to close the day.

The next day, we took a lift from my housemate to the Central London and she drove us to the Lancaster Gate where she took some medicine courses. I then met B and we went to the British musuem and shopping. It was really great to mix both learning and leisure together. One could really seek lots of knowledge by learning the history and understanding why things happened, though frankly, I never could fully understand the history of thousand or zillion years ago. I just appreciate them, rather than truly understand them,really. As there was also summer sales in London I've got myself a pretty good deal on a pair of working leather shoes and a shirt.

Later in the evening,I took the tube from Oxford Circus to Upton Park, where I've met one of my 'long time no see' friend. Hehe, you might be surprised to hear this but it's true-I met L,a BBC during my Trans Siberian trip in Aug/Sept 2006 on a train. That was two years ago and we did keep in touch along the way. Last year our paths cross again in London. I came from Edinburgh on my virgin trip to this buzzy city. L, was so kind to bring B&I around London for a short sightseeing, though back then frankly, I am more interested in catching up with her rather than the city itself.

Then on the 20th July, we met again. This time, it was her farewell party. We had a BBQ with some of her friends at her place. I met some of her cool friends, British, Italian, BBC and some of her family members. I have always like her cheerful smile and easy going personality. This time she is gonna leave for HK, perhaps for good. Haha...no wonder she has planned to ship all of her stuff and even the bedside table, all in 'a single bed size' amount of luggage all the way from London to HK. My train trip from the West to East London, is certainly nothing compares to her version of West(UK) to East (HK) trip:) Also, S, A and I stayed back and chatted with her.We had inherited some good books. One of them is the "Walks in Britain". I came to know that S joined a hiking club in London and A is keen to "do things" and L was suggesting that we should hike sometime before she leaves for her backpacking trip to Vietnam and straight to HK. So, L is gonna hook us up thru facebook, and perhaps I might foster hiking as my hobby though frankly, I doubt my stamina;)Nonetheless, I am always attracted to the majestic scenery of the God made hills, lakes and nature. It brought back some nostalgias on my last China trip with KY and WY 3-4 years ago. To re-live such an inexplicable adventure and experience would be really cool.

Speaking about hiking, did I mention that in Weybridge, one of the common sports over here is horse riding? Yeah, no joke, F,my current apartment mate owns a horse! She's only 27, owns a clinic and very entrepreneur. She has a smiling face all the time. An attribute which I really admire. So is S, who was my potential landlady in Weybridge and L,my colleague at S and her daughter; all are horse riders. Another activity worth considering;)

However, the horse riding experience with KC, A and I during our Trans Siberian adventure which had caused body ache and the pain in the ass, somehow deterred me;). I've talked to F, who seems to be an expert in horses, she seems to be very knowledgable and honestly, she has somewhat charmed my interest in horses.On the other hand, I felt pity for the horses, having to be ridden by humans.Hmm...we'll see...

No comments: