It has been quite a while since I last follow the daily readings from the Purpose Diven Life weblink: http://www.purposedrivenlife.com/en-US/FreeTools/devotional/todaysDevo/Devotional.htm?a=2823&z=1
Today, somehow a little voice guided me to the website and I found a very interesting yet relevant topic about things in today's life.
Here are some of the teachings which I would like to share with you:
1) "...the greatest things in life are not things. Meaning is far more important than money. The richest man in the world once said, "A simple life in the fear-of-God is better than a rich life with a ton of headaches" (Proverbs 15:16 MSG).
2)"When you don't have a heart for what you're doing, you're easily discouraged."
3)"...whenever you do what God wired you to love to do, you get good at it. Passion drives perfection."
4)'We've all heard people say, "I took a job I hate in order to make a lot of money, so someday I can quit and do what I love to do." That's a big mistake.'
5)'Don't settle for achieving "the good life," because the good life is not good enough. It doesn't satisfy. '
6)"Figure out what you love to do - that which God gave you a heart for - and then do it for his glory! "
Things are merely things. There was another saying that the most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched, they must be felt with the heart. This coincides with serving from the heart. This is what I called REAL things.
Sunday, 17 May 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment