Monday, 27 July 2009

BBC Symphony Orchestra

Thanks to my company, today, unexpectedly I have received another set of tickets for the BBC Symphony Orchestra on the 7th Aug (Friday).

This is the Prom Number 30 and it is called BBC Symphony Orchestra.

Several pieces which would be playing are the following:

1) 'Fountains of Rome'- Respighi's 2nd part of Roman's trilogy brings the listener on a dawn to dusk tour of Rome's renowned fountains
2) 'Helen Grime Virga'- a dramatic music portraying the electric atmosphere prior to a storm.
3) Oliver Knussen's Horn Concerto
4)'Jeu de cartes '- Stravinsky's ballet portrays a musical poker game in three deals, ending the music with a Joker pounced with a Royal Flush
5)'Islamey'- Orchestra Casella actuate moral excellence to the extremes through the Balakirev’s ‘oriental fantasy' keyboard piece

From the explanations of the pieces above, I gather this prom is going to be one of the deepest and filled with full emotions and expressions. This prom should be good.

I wish I could share these tickets and experiences with my two sisters, one of whom also loves classical music. You know what; I really thank God for the experience.

No comments: