22/4- Spoke to TW, the COO of FC. I really like his frankness and honesty. He gave me a very good first impression of yet another Irish (though I thought maybe he is from a Polish parentage from his surname).It was an unexpected arrangement, really. It reminds me of one of the most rarest and ironic moments in life.:)
23/4- Met and spoken to HM and MS of L UK. A pretty casual meeting- kind of like a 'get-to-know you better' meeting. It was quite an experience. At least I've given L one final shot. Then, we'll see what's God's plan for me, if L is really meant for me.
6pm: Met with the landlord and collected the deposit on behalf of the other housemates. LM came to assist me in packing and etc.Ahh, what an experience!
I don't mean to whine but today itself the landlord was late, I broke the wheel of my luggage bag and I lost my ticket in the tube. But eventually, all turn ok as landlord has no issue on the house.I just need to pass the cheque to B to distribute the money to the rest. I was pardoned for the missing tickets-it was nice of the officer at the counter. Thank you, sir! As for my bag, I guess I just gotta get another one. Nonetheless, I do count my blessings...
7.45pm: Moved to another friend's place at Zone 6. The place is pretty quiet but a nice residential area though it's pretty far from the city centre. But I guess this place surely has something to offer-I am yet to explore and discover. C came and picked me up.
8pm: Had dinner with C and her hubby. They are really a loving couple. Her hubby cooks superb Chinese food. It was 'world class standard'. Well, maybe I exaggerate a little but his parents used to open a restaurant, so u can guess the standard if his cooking. We had sour cabbage with meat, green vege, grilled duck and sweet and sour hot dog.I felt the warmth of a family again. It's really comfy here, they have a really nice 2 bed-room apartment filled with love and warmth. It's like a real home here. I certainly thank God for knowing such a lovely couple.
24/4-It is rainy here in the very West of London but I guess not a bad day to start as I have several calls and some appointments coming up. So, we'll see how things turn out.
I think my journey in UK will certainly not be easy- as I've foreseen before I come here. Somehow, I do have several expectations and I do have intentions to discover and explore certain things these few months of my life in this part of the world. I do seek for answers in certain areas. I am in the process of seeking, discovering and exploring. Sometimes I am disappointed, but at this time of darkness and uncertainties, I certainly know who my true friends are. Ironically, at certain times, strangers became friends. It also test my faith and I really appreciate the blessings from Him. It is definitely not a smooth path-it surely gonna be rocky at times, perhaps I would be splashed with "mud" at certain times, alone in the 'dark forest', cold and with the greatest fear you can ever imagine. Friends said I am brave and that I have the courage to go ahead but frankly I am yet another vulnerable human being. I will go through this process, certainly, at least for another month. I told myself it is the journey that matters. I think there is no failure but the experience and reactions to them. I guess at certain point in our life, we have to make decisions, stick to it and never look back...I pray for strength.
Thursday, 24 April 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment