Sunday, 31 January 2010

Ending Jan 2010

27th Jan 2010

As we start counting the days few weeks ago, finally the day has arrived. Today is the day when B has to leave to Moscow for a project posting for at least 6 months. I pray and hope that everything will go smoothly for him.

28th Jan 2010

Toy Fair 2010 was held at the Kensington Olympia for 3 consecutive days from the 26th-28th Jan. I was assigned to go today as one of the demonstrators. I had so much fun that I stayed on till about 7pm, assisting my other colleagues to unpack and dismantle the toys at the end of the day. Well, I saw some of my colleagues got sick due to the stress and hard work, I can't bring myself to go home earlier than that without providing a helping hand. Therefore, I chose to stay for a while and relieved them wherever I could. I then left to Westfield to meet LY and D for a meetup dinner at 'The Greek'. She printed a voucher, hence we've got a good price for such an authentic and yummy Greek food. We chatted and catched up on things, which was really nice.

30th Jan 2010

After the gym, I tagged along with F to assist another Malaysian friend to move house. Initially I thought it was a girl, having to pitifully move all by herself, hence I volunteered to help out. Later I found out that it was a guy and he has a few other friends who were already helping. Hence, because we were so late that eventually by the time we have reached there at about 6pm, they have basically finished moving. We only did the thrash and dishes, nothing major really. After that, we joined them for dinner at a Thai restaurant. The ambience of the place is really original, food was good, the company was really nice, funny and friendly. I had a great time chatting with them.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that we went to the Mast House Terrace and left from Canary Wharf by ferry. F has always wanted to take the ferry to Greenwich for experience sake but we never realized the plan. Today, unexpectedly without any prior plans, due to the closure of the Jubilee Line, we have no choice but to take the ferry all the way from Waterloo to Greenwich (because we've missed the stop but turned back to L's place at MHT). They say, some of the best things happen when you least expected it. As I always tell my friends, don't plan or expect much, just follow your heart and go with the flow. Haa, these sayings somehow fit perfectly in today's events.

Honestly, it was really a cool experience, albeit the cold weather and a bit pricey tickets. I did enjoy myself with the delicious food, pleasant rides, nice London night views, and most importantly having shared all these with a bunch of great people. Thanks F for organizing this!

No comments: