Tue, 25th Aug 2009
I've made a date for Michael Nyman. I have a date with him at the BBC Prom No. 54.
If anyone has heard about the sountrack 'The Piano' may have known this composer. 'The Piano' is one of my facvourite sound track. For anyone who hasn't heard of this beautiful piece of music or watch the movie, just go to the link below for the sneak preview.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dPS-EHl-FE&feature=PlayList&p=D04795CB497A1229&index=3
I came to the Royal Albert Hall, however, not being able to listen to this piece, but his other pieces which are the 1982 Paul Greenway's film 'The Draughtsman's contract', the world premiere 'The Musicologist Scores', 'Six Celan Songs-Blume, Psalms' accompanied by the soprano Anu Komsi who sang the German poems and finally his grief stricken and haunting memorial piece 'The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover'.
The scores, played by Michael himself, proved to be very original. Michael actually based his style on Handel and Purcell music, yet I find him really original, with his very own style.
I have been to about five Proms this season. Each prom portrays its own kind of style. I must say that I really fancy Michael Nyman's music. Having watched the movie and listened to one of his masterpiece 'The Piano' somehow made this date special.
I met him face-to-face; a petite guy but with gentle features. I must say Michael Nyman is really talented! Sir, if you happen to read this, I would like to tell you that your music presented in the Prom 54 were excellent and beyond commercialism. You've mentioned your regret that you are best known for your film works including 'The Piano'(source: The Metro dated 24/8/09). However, I can testify that after witnessing your performance at the Prom 54, you have left me in awe! The music scores are just brilliant and I love it. Well done, sir!
Wednesday, 26 August 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Aaaah! You met Michael Nyman!
Post a Comment