I went back to Malaysia for CNY. I spend 2 weeks with my family and friends. Here goes my holiday itinerary:
23rd Jan- I've departed from London Heathrow to KLIA via Amsterdam
24th Jan- I've arrived KLIA at 1630 with an hour delay. Got a lift from KY's sis to Melaka as her flight from Shanghai also touched down about the same time as mine.
25th Jan- I had reunion dinner with family. We had steamboat. This year,sis G spent time with her in-laws and hubby, while M was in Sabah with her hubby. I've missed the last 2 years CNY as I was in Edinburgh and Paris in 2007 and 2008 respectively. Hence, it was nice to be back home this round for the festive season.
26th Jan-Kong Hei Fatt Choy!! It's the first day of CNY. I went visiting to our relatives' place by three cars; Bro J, A & M all drove bringing their little 'troops':)
27th Jan- Sis G arrived from KL with her hubby and kids. We had family lunch. I followed bro A to KL to visit his in laws. We stayed at the Sunway Pyramid Tower. We went for a movie " All Well Ends Well" and did a little shopping. Met F and Alden for mamak at night.
28th Jan- Sis M arrived from Sabah, met her at KL Sentral and we drove back to Melaka. I had gathering with the ex-AA staff, followed by another gathering with ex-Form 6 classmates. We've also visited KM & LF 's new house.
29th Jan- We had 'dim sum' for family breakfast before sis G left for KL. Sis M, mum, AL and me also had lunch with LY's mum and LT. M and I also brought mum for a body massage.
30th Jan- Open house at LY's place.
31st Jan- Met with KH and KY. Both are doing pretty well as a consultant and FC in Msia and Shanghai. We went to a cakehouse at Melaka Raya, recommended by KY. I must say that the cheese cake was really good. For dinner, I went with m and AL for 'Ikan Bakar'.
1st Feb- Met with KY, KC and his gf, A. We went to 'Uncle John Kopitiam'. I had "Nasi Lemak" and a cup of honey ginseng tea. It was a nice catchup as it has been quite sometime since I last saw KC before he left to SZ.
2nd Feb- I went to the PNB office, tried to get a new passbook but was asked to take the oath from the commissioner. I've decided not to do it now as there wasn't an urgent need. Had a hair cut and went shopping with sis and mum in the Melaka city. Also, I had 'bak kut teh' and 'longan tong shui' at LY's place for dinner.
3rd Feb- Left for KL in the morning. Met up with F, E and YL at Bangsar (Madam Kwan). I brought my sis, M along. She seems to have a nice chat with E as they have a common topic to talk about i.e dancing.:) Ahh, and guess what, we also bumped into Winson at the Devi's Corner. What a coincidence! (Winson is Alden's friend whom I've met in London).
4th Feb-According to KM, it is the real 1st day of CNY and hence it is an auspicious day to wear red and bank in money into the bank. It is believed that this day would determine the momentum for the rest of the person's days in 2009. How interesting!
6th Feb- Breakfast with S & C. Dinner with sis G & M. Flight back to London, my another home:)
7th Feb- transit at Amsterdam. I took the train from the Schipol airport to the city centre in an impressively quick 15 minutes train ride. I went for sighhtseeing at the city for a couple of hours before meeting up with Han and Nga for lunch. The visit to the Anne Frank's house was informative. As I was strolling through the rooms, it was as if I was living in the history.Well, I have read her diary when I was in high school. Back then, I've never thought that I would actually visit the 'Secret Annex'. So being there was like being in a dream.
My flight from Amsterdam to London in the evening went without any delay. As I was also trying to explore the bus and train route from Heathrow-WAT-Weybridge, I was rather impressed with the only one hour journey home- economical and convenient.
I reckon that one day if I ever leave London, one of the good traits that I would probably miss is the transport network. London has definitely one of the best transport network.
Wednesday, 4 February 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment